CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.

2.9

2011 Hyundai Sonata accessories - interior problems

2011 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Nov 112013

Sonata

My 2011 Sonata was purchase brand new. After just having the vehicle 2 1/2 years I noticed that I had already accumulated 48000 miles. I have not worked since purchasing the vehicle and I have not traveled in the vehicle. The furthest one way that I may go is 10 miles to shop. I only drive the car 15 days each month. I have now had my car 3 yrs and 4 months and I already have 69,000 miles on it. Which means that between November 2013 and today, I have put 21000 miles on the car. That is far from right. I have only put about 5000 - 8000 on the vehicle, if that many. I took the vehicle to the dealership and was told that I would need a camera to prove any mechanical error since they didn't see anything. There is obviously something wrong with the vehicle. This is affecting my warranty since I have gone over 60000 and a lot of mechanical problems will no longer be covered.

- Millbrook, AL, USA