- September 21: Hyundai Recalls Azera To Prevent Seats From Moving recalls | 5 days ago
- September 15: Hyundai Tucson Transmission Recall For Dual-Clutch Transmissions recalls | 11 days ago
- September 7: Hyundai Sonata Locking Rear Brakes Under Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- September 1: Hyundai Genesis Recalled To Fix Instrument Cluster Lights recalls | 25 days ago
- August 20: Hyundai Recalls Elantra To Fix Brake Lights That Stay On recalls | 37 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 16)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 8 / 14
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 64,355 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.