- January 11: Hyundai Genesis Recalled to Replace Dangerous Tires recalls | 29 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Recalls 155,000 Elantra Sedans To Fix Sudden Braking recalls | 33 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Heads to Court news | 48 days ago
- December 11: Hyundai Recalls Genesis Coupes to Fix Driveshafts recalls | 60 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On recalls | 81 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 6,549 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.