- May 22: Hyundai Sonata Unintended Acceleration Events in Reverse? investigations | 9 days ago
- May 9: Hyundai and Kia Recall 50 Cars to Repair Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- April 28: Hyundai Sonata Engine Lawsuit Nears the End news | 33 days ago
- April 9: Hyundai Recalls Sonata To Repair Power Steering recalls | 52 days ago
- April 5: Hyundai Peeling Paint Lawsuit Blames Self-Healing Properties news | 56 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 6,549 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.