4.4

2012 Hyundai Sonata accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata:

2012 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Feb 182016

Sonata

I was driving down the highway at approximately 60, 65 mph. Heard a loud noise that startled me, then saw broken glass falling down my windshield. Pulled over, and observed that the sunroof shattered. I called the police. The ga state trooper filed a report (C000392882). He also took two pictures of the sunroof with my phone because each time I shut my car door, the glass continued to shatter and fall more. I took an additional picture at a gas station, where I pulled over to remove some of the shattered glass from the fabric at the top of my car. It began to enter my vehicle after leaving the scene. My insurance company claimed the damage was lower than my $500 deductible, and Hyundai wouldn't cover it under my warranty. Hyundai claimed that something must have hit the glass, and that my insurance company is liable, not them.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 212014

Sonata

While visiting my parents, my father pointed out that part of my sunroof was shattered. I did not believe him as I had not been involved in any sort of collision nor had I heard anything hit my car while driving. Upon inspection I was surprised to see that indeed a piece of my sunroof was shattered. There was no point of impact, the glass was intact but completely shattered. I immediately contacted my local Hyundai dealership, but since it was a Saturday they were unaware if this was something that would be covered by my warranty. I am taking my car in Monday morning and hope to hear good news. I am extremely fortunate that this did not occur while my sunroof was open with my children in the passenger seat.

- Santa Maria, CA, USA

Aug 012013

Sonata

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the sunroof exploded, while she drove 45 mph. The contact and the passenger did not suffer any injuries. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 31,060.

- Kingsburg, CA, USA

Mar 132012

Sonata

The windshield is optically distorted and has been since day #1. I pointed that out to the dealer's service team 2 times. The second time the service manager pulled up a 2013 & showed me that it was distorted like my windshield & said it must be normal. I asked if it could be replaced he said no.

- Circleville, OH, USA

Oct 102011

Sonata

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the windshield would continuously become foggy from the interior of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer six times and the contact was informed that the residue was caused by the out-gassing from the materials in the vehicle, such as the solvent from the plastic when the vehicle became hot. The dealer tried to repair the problem but the smells and vapors would not diminish. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and a claim was filed on the contact's behalf. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 20,000.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Jul 312012

Sonata

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that when he looked through the rear view mirror or directly at it, the rear window looked distorted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who stated that it was unusual; however the failure was not determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The current and failure mileage was 290.

- White River Junction, VT, USA