1.9

2012 Hyundai Sonata seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata:

2012 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Sonata

Vehicle type: 2012 Hyundai Sonata SE on Thursday April 14, 2016 at approximately 6P in the evening the air bag check light was illuminated in my vehicle for no apparent reason. The following day, I took the car to the dealer, and was told to make an appointment to have the issue addressed. On sat April 23rd, I was told that the repair was $436 to replace a clock spring assembly (part # 93490-3Q120). Due to the fact the vehicle has over 60,000mi, this equipment replacement is not covered by any warranty. I was astonished to find that something of this import would ever need replacement and that such failure in the device would prevent my airbag from deploying in the event of a collision. For this reason, I believe that the warranty on any such item should be unlimited. Without this repair, I do not have a functioning airbag. I contend that the repair of equipment required by the NHTSA should be covered by the manufacturer and warranted by such for the lifetime of the vehicle, as long as the vehicle is operational.

- Newark, DE, USA