2013 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Sonata:

2013 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Sonata

Original tires on the vehicle (kumho) wore out after 30K miles and became very noisy after about 20K miles. Replaced the tires with a set of hankook optima H727. Now have 27K miles on these tires and they are just as noisy as the original stock tires, although they are wearing a lot better than the kumhos. I believe it is a design flaw with the vehicle itself as there should not be the tire noise entering the cabin like it does. I am running a set of hankook optima H725 on a 2008 Toyota rav4 with 124K miles and 55K miles on those tires. There is virtually no noise coming from those tires into the cabin and I hesitate to purchase another set of tires for my Sonata until a determination is made regarding the excessive noise.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

Jul 102015

Sonata

Locked unoccupied vehicle was parked outside in a clear open area and panoramic glass roof spontaneously shattered.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 272015

Sonata

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the dashboard was melting and other sections started melting. The failure recurred continuously in warm weather. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 072014

Sonata

I was pulling into a parking space when the car accelerated into a stone wall. I have contacted Hyundai and they claim there is nothing wrong with the vehicle, but I know differently as I drive it. It continues to randomly accelerate while driving along, just hope it doesn't happen again while trying to park.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 212014

Sonata

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated while driving at an unknown speed, a scrapping sound emitted from the front driver wheel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that that fender liner needed to be replaced. The failure was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,623.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jun 022014

Sonata 4-cyl

My wife had an accident today which seems to be caused by some kind of mechanical acceleration when she was pulling into a parking space. It all happened so fast that, at first, she thought she might have pushed the accelerator instead of the brake. But, as the fog of the incident clears, she recalls slowly applying the brake to pull into the parking space and the next thing she knows is that the engine is racing and she's knocked down metal signs, trees and bushes. The car would not stop. She just missed the front of a building. We were relieved that no people or vehicles were also involved. She sustained no injuries and the air bags did not inflate. We are glad that she wasn't on a highway and where much more damage could have occurred. The car has been towed to casey's auto body, at 4515 ohara ave, brentwood, ca 94513-2206 in case you would like to inspect the vehicle. There is a lot of damage to the front and driver's side front from the signs, trees and bushes. We do not have an estimate yet from casey's. I also have sent this information to Hyundai.

- Brentwood, CA, USA

May 162014

Sonata

I was T-boned tonight in an accident~~ I was driving approx. 35 and another car drove straight into my drivers side of my car going about 25-30~~she hit hard enough to ruin both doors, "crumpled" metal, rear fender, and scrub tires~~ none of the airbags deployed"???" need better safety than this~~~ I got tossed around pretty good inside~~~~4 hrs later and I am in severe neck and shoulder pain!!!

- Auburndale, FL, USA

Oct 012013

Sonata 4-cyl

When I came out to get in my car, at work, I noticed that front bumper on the passenger side was pulled away from the body. No scratches or signs of impact were visible. The parking space butts up to grass. I took the vehicle to the dealership where purchased and was told that they get 30 to 40 of these complaints a year. They said the clips that hold the bumper do not hold up under all conditions. Because of the extreme low clearance between the bumper and the road, almost any pothole or bump or concrete parking block could cause them to break. This has to be a defect in the clip attachment of the bumper to the vehicle and a design flaw for the car to be so low to the ground. The dealer said the repair, which actually entails replacing, painting and attachment, comes to just short of $900. This could be a safety hazard should the car hit a pothole and the bumper flies off, obstructing the driver's vision, safety and for those behind.

- Cary, NC, USA

Mar 272013

Sonata 4-cyl

I was on the right most lane on highway 121 at 70 miles speed when my car started pulling right & left as if it was skidding on ice. The weather was fine. It was very scary. I was holding the steering with both hands. After that day, whenever I go over the speed of 60, car starts pulling left & right. I have to be extra careful while driving on the freeways.

- Carrollton, TX, USA