2013 Hyundai Sonata electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Sonata:

2013 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 192013

Sonata 4-cyl

From the past few weeks driving my new 2013 Hyundai Sonata gls, I know there is definitely something wrong with the electric power steering (eps) on the car. My car just keeps wandering when driving over 50 mph on freeway. It will keep wandering to the left and to the right. It requires constant correction to keep my car in the lane and the steering wheel is extremely sensitive. When the car wanders to the left, I would try to correct it back to center, but it won't stay straight and it wanders to the right after correction. It will happens a few times like that from a 15-mile freeway drive. One time, I over corrected it and it went to the other lane next to me and almost hit the car next to me. It was scary and totally dangerous. At first I thought the new tires required break-in and the problem will go away, but it has been over 2 weeks of driving and tires were already fully break-in. All of the tires are with good tire pressure at 34 psi and it can not be alignment issue since the car doesn't just go toward one side in high speed. I have been driving on the same freeway for years and there is no such issue with my other cars after I tested drive those cars on the same freeway, so it is not an issue on the pavement on the freeway. It is something wrong with the 2013 Hyundai Sonata's steering. Contacted Hyundai dealers in my location areas, they all said that the sensitive steering is due to the eps for the Sonata and there is nothing they can change since it is controlled by the car's computer. Please request Hyundai to take a look at their cars' eps and make proper adjustment, people are going to get hurt or killed someday if this is not being looked at. Thank you.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Feb 032013

I was driving a new 2013 Hyundai Sonata in a parking area, approaching a parking space for a straight-in parking facing a building. My speed was about 10mph. I brake continuously to slow down and stop, but nothing happened. The car went through the parking space and crashed into the brick wall facade of the building. The air bags did not deploy. The brick wall was not damaged. I had about 5 minor bruises on my right leg, and two below umbilicus (seat belt area). I also suffered from fright and emotional distress. A nearby pedestrian was cut on the ankle by crash debris that projected out sideways from the impact. The debris also scratched a car in the adjacent parking space. My insurance adjustor said that the car was a total loss from the damage.

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Oct 122012

Air conditioner blew hard, intermittent and would not respond to controls. Car drifts left to right, have to fight to keep it on the road.

- Lutz, FL, USA