2013 Hyundai Sonata fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Sonata:

2013 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jun 032013

Sonata

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that that there was an odor of fuel present in the vehicle. The contact had taken the vehicle to the dealer, who was unable to determine the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Mar 162014

Sonata 4-cyl

I was in line at a fast food restaurant and as I approached the delivery window, I brake the car to 3 mph, preparing to stop behind the car in front. My foot was on the brake, but I felt the brake suddenly giving way, having a spongy feel as it was becoming inoperable. The car surged forward and hit the car in front of me. This was the second time this precise thing has happened. The earlier incident occurred in November, 2013, and, thankfully, each incident did not involve hitting a pedestrian. Fortunately, the rate of speed was very low, as well, so damage to vehicles was small. These incidents alarmed me for I couldn't help but think what the consequences could have been had I been at a railroad crossing, approaching a school bus discharging children, etc.. I took the car to rick case Hyundai in plantation, Florida, to have the car checked out and they said they found no problems. They also said there have been absolutely no recalls or other problems involving brakes or throttle malfunctions. So, nothing was actually settled as far as whatever this problem may be, or fixing it.

- Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jul 022013

Sonata 4-cyl

First occurrence I was sitting at a stop light and started to move, car lunged forward with an unattended acceleration. Second occurrence I was at an intersection waiting to proceed through, stepped on the gas pedal and car did not accelerate. Third occurrence was in Kansas and my brother was driving. It surged again and we both noticed it. Fourth occurrence resulted in an accident in ringgold ga on 10-28-13. I was starting to park in front of the church, the car surged fast and I tried to stop it with my brake, but it continued into the concrete building resulting in my serious injury and $6,000 damage to my car. With great concern about this car, I went to the dealer and asked if they had ever heard of this before and they said, "no".

- Buford, GA, USA