2013 Hyundai Sonata wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Sonata:

2013 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Oct 172015

While driving at 65mph on interstate highways, tpns indicator lit up on dashboard. Vehicle was at constant speed, I.e., not under acceleration or braking, roads were straight. We had the tire pressures checked at costco, and they were adequate at 33psi per wheel. Sensors were checked and read out at 33psi. System was "re-programmed". fault occurred again. Dealer checked the system, reported "no fault found". we were told dealer was aware of other 2013 Sonatas with similar faults when "electrical noise" overwhelmed the system causing a "false fault". we think Hyundai should fix this issue.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Nov 262013

My car had less than 10,000 miles on it and the tires went bald, this car was horrible in the snow we had to buy snow tires. All season doesn't do it in the snow. The headlights are terrible at night it limits your vision in front of you makes it hard to see curves. Also there really isn't a off for the heat or air condition so you always have one or the other. The windows steam up for no apparent reason. This car was also recalled for the shifter linkage coming detached we had it fixed so we thought and now a year later it is giving us the problems the recall specifies. There are a lot of little things we don't like about this car and I don't think I would buy another Hyundai.

- Pgh, PA, USA

Jul 012014

Original tires on the vehicle (kumho) wore out after 30K miles and became very noisy after about 20K miles. Replaced the tires with a set of hankook optima H727. Now have 27K miles on these tires and they are just as noisy as the original stock tires, although they are wearing a lot better than the kumhos. I believe it is a design flaw with the vehicle itself as there should not be the tire noise entering the cabin like it does. I am running a set of hankook optima H725 on a 2008 Toyota rav4 with 124K miles and 55K miles on those tires. There is virtually no noise coming from those tires into the cabin and I hesitate to purchase another set of tires for my Sonata until a determination is made regarding the excessive noise.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

Apr 012013

The tires on my 2013 are deafening. I take great care of my care of my car. I am up to date on my schedule appointments for leasing the car. I just can't take the tire noise anymore. On low speeds and high speeds the tire noise is out of control. I think the brand tires on the car are terrible. I don't know what to do. If I would have known this I would never have bought the car. When my car's lease is up I am having serious doubts about leasing another one. I would love to afford a different brand of tires to see if it a manufactures defect. Unfortunately, im stuck with these tires for another 2 and half years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks unhappy owner of 4 crumby tires.

- Totowa , NJ, USA

Jul 122013

Approximately 2 - 3 weeks prior to the discovery my problem ESC light would come on while driving and stay on. I checked my bluelink system to see if I had an error, however, there was not issues apparently. I decided to wait as I was about to go to the dealer for my second oil change. On the day in question I was about to take a two hour drive. When I got on to hwy I heard a loud sound coming from front of car I pulled over, got out and looked at car could not see anything, got back on hwy, noise began again. Seeing I was not far from a dealership I decided to go have it checked out. I explained about the ESC light remaining on. They took my car in to shop and looked at it. Dealership advised me that all my tires were bald. I asked how this was possible they said they did not know. I had done all required maintenance at the dealership and had done it prior to it being needed. Dealer checked records to verify that required maintenance was done, which they confirmed it was. Dealer stated there was nothing they could do. I called corporate Hyundai who stated it sounded like a tire problem which was not their issue, however, they would transfer me to kumho the maker of my tires. Corporate advised me that once tire issue was corrected if I still had an ESC issue then they could look at getting that fixed. Kumho wanted me to get tread measurements done, forward info to them and then they would make a decision on whether or not they were going to possibly help me out on the cost of new tire. Remember just over 8000 miles on my car that was bought at the end of Dec 2012. This could have been a serious issue if I would have continued my two hour drive, which would have been mostly hwy driving. I have also had an issue with my steering wheel locking.

- Havelock , NC, USA