2015 Hyundai Sonata accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata:

2015 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Sep 212015

This Hyundai Sonata came equipped with the Hyundai panoramic sunroof. This sunroof when you look at you can see is misaligned. When the sunroof is in the open position the rubber molding on the drivers side fails to stay attached and when the sunroof S closed that rubber molding is sucked into the car leaving a gap between the aligning parts. I 'V had this problem addressed by Hyundai and local auto glass companies with no possible explanation. When the sunroof is close a rattling noise is emanating from the sunroof when the vehicle is in motion. The noise is disconcerting and has created a safety issue and I keep the sunroof and roof cover closed at all times. I researched this problem and found that not only the problem described by me S an ongoing issue with other Hyundai owners. But that problem is suspected and alleges that these particular panoramic sunroofs shatter without warning. So my safety concerns are now justified. A lawsuit has been filed. The Hyundai panoramic sunroof lawsuit was filed in the U.S. district court for the central district of California - billy glenn V. Hyundai motor America et al. I am still trying to resolve this issue with the local Hyundai dealers. (I have been to two Hyundai service departments and both departments have no idea as to how to resolve this issue. And when asked if they are aware of the panoramic complaints have had no resolving answer.) anyway I am reaching a point where possible legal action would be the step toward a remedy.

- Rome, NY, USA

Dec 282015

Windshield fogs over completely in 30 seconds totally blocking visibility. Has happened several times. Dec 28, 2015 travelling from ft smith to fayetteville, ar at 70 mph on I 49 in 2015 Sonata, weather was clear and 32 deg. Suddenly windshield fogged over completely ( no visibility), I hit brakes was almost hit by 18 wheeler, pulled over and was on high bridge almost hit concrete abutment. Could have been killed. About 15 min later it happened again, I was able to engage defrost before complete fog. Jan 18, 2016 travelling from ok city to ft smith on I 40 at 70 mph with same weather scenario, outside temp 32 degrees windshield fogged up again, was able to pull over & defrost. This happened twice more before reaching home. My wife, daughter and son in law witnessed. Feb 21,2016 again same weather condition, 32 degrees, entering transition lane from I 540 to I 40. From the time we entered the transition lane and before merge with I 40 the windshield completely fogged over (less than 30 seconds), again complete loss of visibility. Could not find defrost switch and negotiate curve. Was able to pull over to shoulder without having an accident. Again we were very fortunate not to have had a horrible accident. This is a terrible safety issue. We could have been killed. Hyundai service says they can't duplicate condition and can't fix. Hyundai factory customer service won't acknowledge the problem or do anything to remedy, sent me a letter advising how to access lemon law.

- Fort Smith, AR, USA

Dec 112015

Inside lighting of vehicle will not turn off. This interferes with night vision and also disturbs peripheral vision. This is like a passenger shining a flashlight into your eyes from the side. This is a very unsafe condition while driving at night.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Nov 022015

1. the overhead lighting will not turn off. This causes significant and detrimental driving conditions as it impairs driving at night. This is just like a passenger holding a flashlight at the drivers eye at night. This is clearly unsafe and affects peripheral vision. 2. the wipers do not oscillate fast enough. I am not referring to the quality of the wipers but the speed at which they move. I have had many vehicles and this is the only one that when our normal rains in Georgia occur the speed of the wiper oscillation is not able to overcome the typical rainfall.

- Newnan, GA, USA