2015 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata:

2015 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jul 122016

On July 12,2016 I was pulling into a parking spot at the bank. My foot was on the brake as I entered the space. My car then seemed to make a loud noise like the engine was revering ups it then shot forward like a rocket. It felt someone had smashed behind me! luckily there were pillars in front of the bank which prevented my car from crashing in the bank. I have found several complaints with the 2015 Hyundai Sonatas doing this however there is no recall. Cost of damage was $9,051. This was an extremely frightening experience!

- Sewell, NJ, USA

Feb 252016

I was parking my 2015 Hyundai Sonata turbo sport in a strip mall parking lot. I pulled into the space and, before getting in all the way, the car suddenly accelerated to a high speed, jumped the concrete curb and slammed into a concrete wall. The air bag did not deploy and my chest hit the steering wheel and my head whipped back so I now have headaches, neck and back pain.the front bumper was damaged with marks from the concrete and though it remained on the car, it was dislodged. There was also some damage around the front headlights and the rubber part of the undercarriage.

- Chevy Chase, MD, USA

Dec 122015

In the snow, my Hyundai Sonata will drive fine until turning. During turning, even with minimal snow, my brakes lock up and my car slides slowly but at that point I am unable to do anything, usually making me hit a curb. This has happened twice in the last two weeks costing me $2200. I have had two cars before my Hyundai Sonata and haven't had issues with such a problem. The mechanic scratches his head in confusion as to how almost the exact same thing happen in such a small time frame. It is a major safety issue, I believe something with traction control or braking is wrong. Had I been a worse driver the damages could be worse.

- Lone Tree, CO, USA

Sep 252015

I was admitted into the hospital, where I had surgery and was told I had a hemorrhagic stroke. October 2015, I had 2 more strokes and surgeries. I never had a history of strokes, and was wondering could this be a part of an environmental issue with the chemical exposure from the new vehicle? any useful information would be greatly appreciate.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jan 262015

The primary purpose of filing this report is to prevent a child from dying in a locked trunk. As I packed my rental car for a trip I stupidly locked my keys in the trunk of the car. An unlocking service came and popped my door lock but because the alarm system was on there was absolutely no access to the truck at all. This model has drop down seats but are locked from in the trunk. It took a couple of hours for someone to correctly tell me to open the trunk I had to visit a Hyundai dealership for a other way to enter the trunk. I often drive across the dealership and no unlocking services. If my grandson had played in the trunk and locked himself in he would have died of heat exposure before it could have been unlocked. This is unnecessary. There are release levers in the trunk but a young child would be unable to pull them. This is a tragedy waiting to happen. I was saved only by the fact I was in a very large city.

- Houston, TX, USA