2015 Hyundai Sonata seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata:

2015 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Apr 252016

My 2015 Hyundai Sonata has been back and forth to the dealer. Every time I turn around the this car has a recall. I don't even know about the recall until a light pops up or I have a weird noise while driving. One time the car just felt weird while driving and I went to get it checked out and found out about the recalls. First seatbelt, then engine line needed replacing, then another part needed replacing, then another. After going there Monday for for the engine immobilizer, the brake hold light being I was told something was replaced, and oh a recall was handled. Then to come back Friday and after 4-5 hours be told the ABS has to be replaced, meaning I have to come back because it has to be ordered. Then, after leaving, now the tire pressure light is on, and there appears to be enough air in each tire!! so I don't know what is going on. Note to self, don't by a car before the year it comes out. Bought this 2015 in 2014. I really think the manufacturer needs to notify consumers of these recalls. I shouldn't find out about them only after bringing the car in for an issue or an oil change.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 052015

Me and my wife were out driving in traffic when I had to stop abruptly. Her seatbelt did not lock in place and she injured her neck. We did not seek medical attention, due to her not wanting to. This poses a serious health and safety risk for anyone in my passenger seat. After this event, we drove to an isolated area to test if the seatbelt would lock at speeds of 30, 25, 15, and 10. The seat belt did not lock into place causing my wife body to move forward.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Nov 152014

The contact owns a 2015 Hyundai Sonata sport. While driving at approximately 45 mph, the contact noticed that the seat belt on front driver side would tighten independently. The contact stated that this was a recurring failure. The vehicle was driven to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3.

- Honesdale, PA, USA