8.5

2016 Hyundai Sonata lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata:

2016 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Sep 142016

Sonata

Highlights when to auto mode do not turn on when wipers are turn on as required by Florida statute 316.217(1)(B)

- Sanford, FL, USA

Sep 012015

Sonata

My car has been in motion at nighttime with the head lights on, while driving at 55 to 75 mph the light is spread up on my sides instead of being directly in front where the focal point is needed the most. I have taken this unit back to dealership several times and still the issue is not resolved, I am told its a problem with the design. I travel mostly on interstates and have 20/20 vision. My previous cars lights did make my path known to me, with this car, I am seeing defused light and it scares me. I've made it known to my lawyer that if I have a wreck at high speeds, then an investigation of this make and line of cars should be looked into. Am I in a car that is waiting to have an accident? otherwise, I love this car.

- Terrytown, LA, USA

Jun 092016

Sonata

While driving 65mph at 10pm on a the interstate, I heard a pound "thunk" and thought I had a tire issue, so began to steer toward the emergency lane. I quickly realized I had no power to accelerate, no power steering and the dash was blacked out...car was dead. Only ever thing working was radio, emergency flashers and dome light. Door locks did not even work. Called for roadside assistance and car was towed. I have no further information about the car's disposition as it was a rental. It was terrifying and could have ended catastrophically in serious injury or death. The reason I am filing this report is to insure it will be investigated thoroughly. I did report it to Hyundai.

- Greenville, SC, USA