2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid:

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Owner Comments

Jul 092016

Sonata Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Sonata hybrid. The contact stated that when the vehicle was shifted into park, the eps (electric power steering) warning light illuminated. In addition, the vehicle failed to power off and the 'shift gear into parkż warning message illuminated when the vehicle was already in the park position. The contact also stated that when the vehicle was powered off, it took numerous attempts to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacture was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 120,000.

- Tijeras, NM, USA

Jan 282016

Sonata Hybrid

Drove down the road to the store and turned off the car and when I came out to turn the car on and go home the car would not start, the issues that were happening were, the light would flicker on and off, the brake pedal was pumping in and out under my foot on its own, and the car would not start, after trying a few times the whole car and system shut down completely and the hazards started to come on automatically and there was no power to the automatic door locks and window and the only things working in the car was the anit-theft system

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 062015

Sonata Hybrid

We were driving on I81N in Virginia when it sounded like we were driving over gravel.I thought it could have been a tire. Found tires were ok. Waited to pull out safely. Seconds after we entered I81N, we began to lose power, A/C and a warning light indicating to check hybrid system came on in message board. We pulled off at exit 277N and had enough power to find a safe place to pull over.I discovered that the serpentine belt was shredded. We were towed to a Hyundai dealer where the car sat overnight on 9/6/15 until service opened on 9/8/15. The serpentine belt was replaced as well as the water pump belt which was also damaged. The mechanic informed me the new belt was not running true on the tensioner and a ridge had formed on the outside surface of the tensioner. My opinion is that the part was defective because the belt was not running true.

- Gibsonia, PA, USA

Sep 062014

Sonata Hybrid 4-cyl

Took car in for repair of malfunctioning stop lamp switch all the same issues as in NHTSA campaign 13V113000 even though my model year was covered in recall they said my VIN was not covered I was charged a fee to diag the vehicle and for parts and labor.

- Sunbury, PA, USA

Jul 102014

Sonata Hybrid

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Sonata hybrid. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, he attempted to brake and all the warning lights illuminated. The contact also stated that the vehicle stalled and could be restarted. The failure recurred on fifty occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission, the electric motor, and the oil pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 66,000.

- La Mirada, CA, USA