2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid:

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 122014

Sonata Hybrid

The warning signal "hybrid safety warning do not drive" appeared and I could not move my car. The day before I drove my car with no problem and then when I was about to drive this morning I received this warning. My car had to be towed to a local dealership so they can run diagnostics. From reading other complaints, it seems that this is happening to other Sonata hybrids. I am worried about the lithium battery and not sure what is causing this. I have only had the car for a year and it might be time to look for a new one.

- Pawling, NY, USA