4.8

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid:

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 112013

Sonata Hybrid

Front section of panoramic glass roof exploded while driving on highway. Immediately pulled over and looked at roof, after recovering from the shock of the sound from explosion, and found that the glass had a hole in the center, approximately 8" X 8". glass appears to have blown up, instead of downward. Remainder of the glass was caught by the interior shade, which, luckily, was closed at the time. At the time of the explosion no vehicles were directly in front of my vehicle. Vehicle was being passed, in the left lane of a 4-lane major highway, by a new passenger car, which was approximately 1 car-length ahead. Another vehicle was in the left lane, approximately 6 cars behind that car. Unsure if any glass was blown on the vehicle trailing us, in the left lane. I am thankful that this occurred while I was driving as I am not sure that my wife would have reacted as calmly as I did.

- Gunter, TX, USA