2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid:

2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 232016

Sonata Hybrid

Hybrid system warning has come on four times, car shuts off instantly, then the engine light comes on. The first time was on a city street, the second time was a the dealership when picking up the car after repair, the three time was in a parking lot, and the fourth time was on the interstate in heavy traffic. Car is not safe. Asked for a replacement with no resolution.

- Munfordville, KY, USA

Jun 022014

Sonata Hybrid

My 2014 Hyundai Sonata hybrid starts off very slowly when pulling into traffic and then launches forward once the gas motor starts. My concern is that I'm going to get rear ended when pulling into traffic because of the slow start or I'll lose control as it launches forward. Either way, I don't feel safe. The Hyundai dealership that I purchased it from said that it's "normal" and that "all hybrids perform that way". I know for a fact that this is not true. I've contacted the dealership, but they refuse to help and continue to ignore my complaints. This vehicle, I believe, is unsafe for me, my family, and for other drivers on the road. I wouldn't drive it, but I have no other car and I need to get to work.

- Norwalk, CA, USA

Aug 132014

Sonata Hybrid 4-cyl

After just two months of ownership, this Sonata hybrid wouldn't start (for the second time). Had it towed to the dealership. After 15 days (total so far for both incidents) the dealership still has no idea what's wrong with it or how to fix it. It seems to be something related to the electrical system.

- Union City, NJ, USA