2003 Hyundai Tiburon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon:

2003 Hyundai Tiburon Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 252007

Tiburon 4-cyl

Numerous electrical problems with this car from the beginning. Within the first year of ownership, had to replace the window motor for the passenger side window. At less than 4 years of ownership, have replaced the battery twice, due to interior and dashboard lights that stay on and drain the battery. At about 60,000 miles, the left blinker came on continuously and stayed on, draining the car's battery. I had to disable the turn signals entirely, and now have to signal with my arm out the window. It will be over $1,000 to replace the body control module to fix the problem with the turn signal. The motor for the passenger side window is also broken again. If the motor for the driver side window goes, I will be unable to signal turns.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Nov 112005

Tiburon 6-cyl

About 4 minutes after driving off on a cold morning (40 F), I was merging onto a highway, when suddenly all of the electricity shut off on my car. I began to move over to the shoulder of the road and down shifted to slow down. I pressed the emergency flashers, but got nothing. I could not totally get out of the lane because a guard rail limited it to a small shoulder. I could see headlights in my rear view swerving at the last second to miss me because they couldn't see me. My only thought was grab a flashlight out of the glove box and try to escape the car and to try to warn oncoming vehicles. But then suddenly, all the lights and radio came back on. So I quickly started the engine and drove off. The total time that elapsed from loss of electricity to it coming back on was maybe a minute, but it felt like forever. I drove to work with no problems, and after work, I got it to the dealership with no problems either. The dealership claimed they could not duplicate the problem and gave the car back. Now I'm scared to drive this car.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jul 132005

Tiburon 4-cyl

When using the A/C fan control on setting 3 or 4 for more than 10 min., the plastic connection at the back of the unit starts melting. My temporary solution is to run the A/C on 1 and 2 only. This is a possible fire hazard. Hyundai refuses to acknowledge this as a problem. The replacement cost is $605 cad for the same unit that will do the same thing after a little use. This is not a valid solution to the problem.

- Embrun, 00, USA

Apr 292003

Tiburon

Consumer complained about electrical problems which included the power windows, and the driver seat belt buckle wiring. Consumer received a recall notice on this matter, however, dealer refused to accommodate the consumer. The air bad failed during a crash and the sun roof malfunctioned.

- The Plains, VA, USA

Feb 102003

Tiburon 6-cyl

Sunroof has been in approx. 8 times to two different dealers and has still not been fixed.

- Boys Town, NE, USA

Sep 272002

Tiburon

Consumer states his daughter had an head on impact with another auto and her air bags did not deploy. Driver was traveling approx 35 mph. Driver was injuried, she hurt her head and neck. Nlm

- Carver, MA, USA