2004 Hyundai Tiburon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Tiburon:

2004 Hyundai Tiburon Owner Comments

May 032013

Tiburon 6-cyl

This is the third time I have had a brake line replaced because according to my mechanic, the poor design allows for the brake line to rub against the shock which eventually wears a hole through the brake line. I've had three separate incidents where my brake pedal has gone completely to the floor. I've had to use my emergency hand brake to keep me from crashing in each instance. I work in the quality field and truly understand defect in design over wear and tear. Brake lines shouldn't have to be replaced every year because of defective design. I am sure there have even serious accidents and perhaps I juries and fatalities because of this design. Again, I work in toy safety and quality and understand that although a product might comply with existing regulations, still be a hazard to a user.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA