2005 Hyundai Tucson body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Tucson:

2005 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Aug 022012

Tucson 6-cyl

My vehicle was parked in my driveway when I opened the rear hatch. The hinges suddenly disintegrated, busted right off. The rear window fell out striking me. The only way it was being held up and kept from falling to the ground, was by its shocks that keep window up when opened. I see that are numerous reports on this matter from various times. Is there some kind of recall on this problem?

- Snow Shoe, PA, USA

Oct 182009

The hinges on the back window hatch of my 2005 Hyundai Tucson just broke. For no reason, while opening the window, the entire window popped out at me. I was not seriously injured, however you would think that a vehicle of this age would not fail like this. It took me and my husband together pushing to get it back into place and close. I can no longer us the window opening to access the back of my vehicle - until I pay for repairs. I would like to find out if there have been any other complaints of this kind on either the Santa Fe or the Tucson?

- Oswego, NY, USA