2006 Hyundai Tucson engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Tucson:

2006 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Oct 032014

Tucson

When I went to put on the brake to park there was a sudden acceleration and the vehicle hit the building in front of the parking space.

- Palm Springs, FL, USA

Sep 282012

Tucson 4WD 6-cyl

I was preparing to pull into a parking space in a parking garage when the car suddenly went into rapid acceleration. It smashed into the cement wall of the parking space and surged for a few seconds before I could get the key turned off. The sudden rapid acceleration occurred again while in idle at a stop light and my foot was not on the throttle.this occurred several months later when the mileage registered approximately 36750. This time the surging lasted several seconds after applying the brakes and putting it into park to stop the forward motion before hitting the car in front of me.

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA

Sep 042012

Tucson 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving in traffic on a two lane road. I heard a load bang and my car began to speed up. I tried braking but I could not slow or stop the car. With traffic in front of me I pulled into the left lane not seeing any oncoming traffic. Then a car was coming in that lane so I threw the car into park and pulled up on emergency brake. Since it was raining, the rear end of the car came around and I got hit on the passenger side rear door. The car finally stopped against a fence with the engine still racing.

- Framingham, MA, USA

Dec 012011

Tucson

While turning into my carport, my engine stalled. Right before I turned, I took my foot off the accelerator and the car hesitated and lurched forward. This could be a potentially dangerous problem if my car stalls on the road and some other driver rear ends me.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jan 042011

Tucson

I have a 2006 Hyundai Tucson and twice now I have experienced sudden acceleration. The first time I was backing out of a parking space and the car surged backwards and I had to apply the brakes hard. The second time I had just pulled out of my driveway and touched the gas pedal and the car surged forward for a few feet before slowing down.

- Mount Prospect, IL, USA

Oct 012010

Tucson

My 2006 Hyundai Tucson has stalled out repeatedly during deceleration. It has died repeatedly while turning into a parking lot. It has also died while slowing down for a stop sign. It has jerked and felt like it was down-shifting (hard)while driving on the highway. Today, 10/1/10, it died while driving through an intersection. I have taken the car to the dealer three times and they have been "unable to recreate the problem" so nothing has been done to fix it.

- Tuttle, OK, USA