2010 Hyundai Tucson miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Tucson:

2010 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Jun 022011

Tucson

After having a service on my 2010 Hyundai Tucson, 2 days later the ESC indicator light came on, and the dbc indicator light came on, and the shifter was hard to put into gear. Took it in and they changed the shifter. About 2 weeks later the same two lights came on again, only this time when you pressed on the gas the RPM would shoot up but the car wouldn't move, and the brakes were locked. The car was towed and the map sensor was changed. When I was told the car was fixed I came in to test drive the car and the check engine light was on. I did not take the car. The next day the car was given back to me and the light was off. 2 weeks later the same problem happened again. I was told that the brakes needed to be bled, after a few days the car was given back to me. 4 weeks later the same problem occurred again, and the car was towed, another part was changed again. I know that the shop I am working with is trying their best to fix the problem, but the car is scary to drive. At any time the ESC and dbc light will come on, and the brakes will lock, and when you press the gas the rmp will shoot up and the car won't move. Twice now this has happened to be on a main highway and I do good to pull over before someone hits me.

- Saipan, MP, USA