2011 Hyundai Tucson accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Tucson:

2011 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Mar 302015

I was driving approximately 70mph down a highway when I heard a loud pop and my sunroof exploded. Glass sprayed all over the interior of the car and with enough force to embed into the center console. I did not see any objects or other road debris that could have flown up and hit me, just the pop and rain of glass shards. I have minor abrasions on my head and face from the glass as a result of the sunroof shattering.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 182014

I was heading southeast (inbound) on highway 290. It was clear, roads were dry, and no debris in the road. I had my 16-year old daughter with me. I was driving and she was in the passenger seat. I was in the far left (passing) lane. Out of nowhere, my sunroof shattered and flew off my car. It shattered mostly into a thousand pieces, but the person driving behind me indicated that a huge piece flew off and hit his windshield causing it to crack in multiple places. My sunroof had been closed. My interior shade was also closed. There was no reason this should have happened.

- Houston, TX, USA