2012 Hyundai Tucson accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Tucson:

2012 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Apr 032014

Tucson 4-cyl

Today, my 2012 Tucson needed a tire put back on, after using a spare. On asphalt, level ground, I used the jack that came with my vehicle aligned as directed, and slowly lifted the car, driver front. The spare tire came off easily, without problems. As I aligned the tire to put on, the jack failed, twisting outwards and collapsing, twisting my right wrist badly. I had a jack stand under the car, or I could have been seriously hurt. However, the jack stand had been aligned for the car when the jack was lifting it. Because the jack failed it no longer aligned with the lift point, and pushed into the soft floor plate next to it. The failure of this jack is completely Hyundai's fault. I also worry that other people could be hurt by these faulty jacks. I have seen other reports made about this same issue, now that I have done research.

- Eagle River, AK, USA