5.7

2014 Hyundai Tucson engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Tucson:

2014 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Sep 092016

Tucson

While driving the car at 55 mph, the engine died completely and I lost all control of the cars functions. It could not be that the battery died, since even though the car would not start back up, the lights, navigation and radio we all still on and working. I though it was a strange and dangerous situation but figured it was a one time occurrence. This happen on September 9th of 2016. Since then, the car has died while in motion 4 more times, becoming more frequent after each occurrence. I took my car in to the dealership where I purchased it and they kept it overnight. I already had someone at an advanced auto parts store test my battery, alternator and starter, and all of those checked out fine. I should also mention that whenever the car did die while I was driving, there was no warning that it was going to die and no check engine lights came on before after it would die. The vehicle would always start up again after waiting a few minutes. I have been lucky that each time it has happened I was not on the highway or in any danger of hitting someone, but I guess I was just lucky for that. After testing the car, I was informed by the dealership that they could not find anything wrong with the car and their testing of the computer revealed that no problems had occurred. This is most likely due to no warning lights coming on when it happened so when they tested it, nothing appeared saying the car had died. They were totally fine with giving me the car back after not being able to diagnose the problem, even after I told them they are allowing me to get behind the wheel of a dangerous vehicle. I was able to drive home from the dealership yesterday and to work today without experiencing any new problems so I am hoping that the issue has been resolved somehow. If this happens again I know I will not be bringing it back to that service center.

- Sugar Grove, IL, USA

Nov 282015

Tucson

The contact owns a 2014 Hyundai Tucson. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact stated that unknown warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that cylinder four misfired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 9,890....updated 02/04/16.

- Bourbonnais, IL, USA

Mar 262014

Tucson

At 7500 I reported engine was unusually they told me it was characteristic of the car at 18000 miles they replaced the short block. At 26000 miles they replaced it a 2nd time. The car also hesitates on occasion when from a stop I step on the gas then takes off. They says it's characteristic of the car and we could not duplicate in the 3 mile ride we took they sent me home with it I feel this is very dangerous. At 28500 miles the left side of the car directional lights wont go off even it's stuck on 24/7. in shop again.

- Freehold, NJ, USA