CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Tucson comes with a dual-clutch, 7-speed transmission. But Hyundai forgot to tell you about one key phrase – zero-move. That's right, an alarming number of owners have said their SUV wouldn't accelerate after a stop.

Turns out that's because the transmission's application logic has been stumbling all over itself. Hyundai recalled the issue in September 2016, but it's difficult to say if owners are out-of-the-woods, or if this is just a sign of things to come.

2016 Hyundai Tucson miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson:

2016 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 142016

Tucson

I have had problems with the 2016 Tucson since day one of our 3 year lease. Originally I was going to keep the car after the lease, but that's not going to happen now. I have the same problems as many others with the hesitation from a stop or when slowing down at a turn - no power. I ordered the turbo model thinking it would not have power problems, but now after 6 months, I realize the car is just not very good at moving from a stop. The dealership said it was normal because of the electronic computer system in the car. Another problem that occasionally manifests is the on-board navigation screen. Periodically it will go blank on starting the car and won't come on at all. The only cure is to shut off the car and restart it. Tried to save money with this make and model, but guess I'll go back to an american made car next time. I would cancel my lease contract if I thought it was possible.

- Monument, CO, USA

Oct 012015

Tucson

When accelerating from a stop the car hesitates and will not go. I have almost been in a wreak 2 times due to this. It doesn't happen every time. I was stranded with no shoulder to pull off onto in bumper to bumper traffic while on vacation twice. The car alerted me the transmission fluid was hot and to pull over safely. I did not have that option so it just stopped. The display read I could contiue after 15 mins I am scared every time I drive that these issues will cause a wreak. I have taken it in 3 times now for the same problem and they tell me they can not recreate the problem and there are no codes and send me away. I told them someone is going to get in a major wreak due to their new transmission in the 2016 vehicles. I am not the only person having the issues. The internet is full of the same problem. When do they become liable to do more than look for codes before someone is injured. This is a major safety problem.

- Fountain, CO, USA

Nov 252015

Tucson

For "all" cars, when the heater is turned "on", the whole car fumes inside the vehicle where you must either pull the car and stop or open the windows. The same thing happens when the car drives from zero to 50 mpg, the car also gets heavy fumes. Lastly, the tachometer when startes driving in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears, the "RPM" show 5000 to 6500 RPM B-4 gets to the next gear; this was especially for automatic cars!

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 302015

Tucson

I purchased this vehicle new Dec 28 and drove it home on Dec 30, 2015. I discovered that it did not have blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert or lane change assist, all three technologies were advertised as standard equipment for this model. In addition a cheaper mirror that did not belong on this model was installed, it had a small convex mirror and was called a blind spot mirror. This was a deliberate deception intended to confuse the purchaser because when I complained to the dealer that the car did not have the blind spot detection system, he responded that it did have blind spot technology! then he said that Hyundai did not ship cars with blind spot detection to puerto rico, usa. Not ship safety technology that I paid for and was advertised as standard equipment?

- Toa Alta, PR, USA