CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Tucson comes with a dual-clutch, 7-speed transmission. But Hyundai forgot to tell you about one key phrase – zero-move. That's right, an alarming number of owners have said their SUV wouldn't accelerate after a stop.

Turns out that's because the transmission's application logic has been stumbling all over itself. Hyundai recalled the issue in September 2016, but it's difficult to say if owners are out-of-the-woods, or if this is just a sign of things to come.

2016 Hyundai Tucson miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson:

2016 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 192015

Tucson

I had to replace the throttle body and rear shock at approximately under 2000 miles. It hesitates badly. It decelerates as I press down on the accelerator. It had low coolant before a long trip so I filled it up as it advised. When the vehicle was hot the coolant was approximately 1/2 inch to 1 inch below the minimum fill line. After my trip I took it to the certified Hyundai dealer service center for tire rotation and oil change and they advised the coolant was low again, but that there are no leaks. I told them I just filled it up and so they are checking again for leaks. It slammed into gear as I was going on an off ramp from an interstate. It jerked and shimmied like it was going to die when I was at a stoplight. It is brand new. It should not be having so many issues and no one will help me with it I just keep hearing "there is nothing wrong with it, it is just the way Hyundai designed the vehicle." Hyundai needs to work on this. There should be multiple recalls on this vehicle. It has a popping sound every time I reach 20 mph after taking it out of park. It has a rattle in the frame/rear passenger door area. No place can fix these sounds. I just have to deal with it all. It has been nothing but a nightmare since purchased in November 2015. This really needs multiple recalls on it. I just got an email about a hood latch recall too. Not even from Hyundai... from car fax. Hyundai did not contact consumers regarding the hood latch recall. They should be required to. The dealer did not contact me about it either. The dealer, bob poynter columbus, in refuses to service my brand new vehicle under warranty and they will not speak with me at all. They will not tell me where they obtained my vehicle from as a dealer trade either.

- Columbus, IN, USA

May 192016

Tucson

05/06/2016 @ 1600 cond-rainy. While at a stop light I pressed the accelerator and the SUV did not move. The engine revved but the SUV did not go forward. It slowly engaged and lurched forward after approx 3-5 seconds. 5/19/2016 @ 1800 cond-rain /not driven in approx 4 days. Less than a mile from start and had been driving for approx 3-5 mins-while waiting at a stop light I attempted to accelerate when the light changed and the veh did not move. I pressed the accelerator to the floorboard and the engine revved for approximately 5-7 seconds before the veh lurched/jumped forward and slowly moved. I again immediately went to Hyundai. I was given a loaner vehicle - 2016 Tucson. 5/21/2016 @ 1350 same non-movement while accelerating from a stop occurred w/the loaner vehicle. It had not been driven in 2 days cond-rainy. This occurred approx 3 mins after start and w/in a mile. Hyundai Corp are not taking responsibility for the issues with this veh. 3 similar issues from customers were reported to this dealership. I do not feel safe driving this veh or allowing any member of my family to drive this veh. It is an accident in waiting either from being hit from behind by another veh or from striking another B/C of the lurching. I had to put my hazards on and hope that I did not get hit from behind. I am not satisfied and want a refund for both of the veh's I purchased due to this huge safety issue. At random times, usually from a stop, but sometimes when pulling into traffic, the veh does not move. I consider this to be a very hazardous defect. Hyundai is unable to replicate the error, so eng. Advises to release the veh back to me, they are unaware of any similar problems. I will never drive another Hyundai veh again B/C it is unsafe and the lack of responsibility to rectify their manufacturing problem. It is not a driver's operational error.

- Dothan, AL, USA

Apr 142016

Tucson

I have had problems with the 2016 Tucson since day one of our 3 year lease. Originally I was going to keep the car after the lease, but that's not going to happen now. I have the same problems as many others with the hesitation from a stop or when slowing down at a turn - no power. I ordered the turbo model thinking it would not have power problems, but now after 6 months, I realize the car is just not very good at moving from a stop. The dealership said it was normal because of the electronic computer system in the car. Another problem that occasionally manifests is the on-board navigation screen. Periodically it will go blank on starting the car and won't come on at all. The only cure is to shut off the car and restart it. Tried to save money with this make and model, but guess I'll go back to an american made car next time. I would cancel my lease contract if I thought it was possible.

- Monument, CO, USA

Oct 012015

Tucson

When accelerating from a stop the car hesitates and will not go. I have almost been in a wreak 2 times due to this. It doesn't happen every time. I was stranded with no shoulder to pull off onto in bumper to bumper traffic while on vacation twice. The car alerted me the transmission fluid was hot and to pull over safely. I did not have that option so it just stopped. The display read I could contiue after 15 mins I am scared every time I drive that these issues will cause a wreak. I have taken it in 3 times now for the same problem and they tell me they can not recreate the problem and there are no codes and send me away. I told them someone is going to get in a major wreak due to their new transmission in the 2016 vehicles. I am not the only person having the issues. The internet is full of the same problem. When do they become liable to do more than look for codes before someone is injured. This is a major safety problem.

- Fountain, CO, USA

Nov 252015

Tucson

For "all" cars, when the heater is turned "on", the whole car fumes inside the vehicle where you must either pull the car and stop or open the windows. The same thing happens when the car drives from zero to 50 mpg, the car also gets heavy fumes. Lastly, the tachometer when startes driving in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gears, the "RPM" show 5000 to 6500 RPM B-4 gets to the next gear; this was especially for automatic cars!

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 302015

Tucson

I purchased this vehicle new Dec 28 and drove it home on Dec 30, 2015. I discovered that it did not have blind spot detection, rear cross-traffic alert or lane change assist, all three technologies were advertised as standard equipment for this model. In addition a cheaper mirror that did not belong on this model was installed, it had a small convex mirror and was called a blind spot mirror. This was a deliberate deception intended to confuse the purchaser because when I complained to the dealer that the car did not have the blind spot detection system, he responded that it did have blind spot technology! then he said that Hyundai did not ship cars with blind spot detection to puerto rico, usa. Not ship safety technology that I paid for and was advertised as standard equipment?

- Toa Alta, PR, USA