2013 Hyundai Veloster accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Apr 102016

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Veloster. While driving at 15 mph and opening the sun roof, the glass shattered. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 53,000.

- Upland, CA, USA

Mar 132015

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Veloster. While driving 45 mph, the panoramic sun roof glass shattered. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Feb 062015

Veloster 4-cyl

I was driving, doing approx 50 miles per hour when I heard a pop and then it started to rain glass from my panoramic sunroof that was shattering all over me. I had glass in my hair, cuts on my forehead and I have a huge lump on the top of my head from where I was hit in the head with a bigger piece of glass. Went to the hospital to make sure I didn't have a concussion, which I do not, however, I am very sore from my neck up to the top of my head. Brought the car to the Hyundai dealer and the service adviser acted surprised that this had happened and said to contact my insurance company to file a complaint since he stated it couldn't have happened on its own, that something had to have hit it. How sad it is to come home to see that the 2012 model of my car experienced the same challenge and was under recall and now I am seeing that several other 2013 owners are experiencing the same issue with their sunroof as I am.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Nov 172014

Veloster 4-cyl

While driving to work this morning my sunroof exploded, sending glass onto me, the interior and exterior of the vehicle. I sustained minor scratches to my skin.

- Gretna, LA, USA

Oct 212014

While driving westbound on I-26 (no other passengers) traveling at around 4:15 pm from work to home, there was a loud crack or pop sound and my panoramic roof exploded and shards and chunks of glass flew inside and out of the vehicle.

- Moncks Corner, SC, USA

Aug 182014

Veloster 4-cyl

Sunroof shattered spontaneously. There was a recall for the sunroofs on these Velosters. I followed up with Hyundai and they said that my particular car was not subject to the recall, though it is the same exact sunroof on the cars that were effected.

- Park City, UT, USA

May 012014

Veloster 4-cyl

I was driving to work at around 7:10 in the morning traveling at 60mph when all of the sudden the panoramic sunroof exploded for no apparent reason. A shower of glass fell on me and all over my car damaging the seats and cutting my right arm and forehead. I managed to get to work with a bloody arm and front head and thank god I had no other cars close to me when it happened.

- Brownsville, TX, USA

Feb 282014

While driving on highway 83 in pharr, tx, I heard a loud explosion suddenly and wind howling; I immediately set my hazards to alert the vehicles near me as I thought I was in a wreck. I looked up to discover that my panoramic sunroof had exploded and shards of glass were flying both behind my vehicle and inside my vehicle. I ended up with minor cuts and scrapes as a result. I called Hyundai, but they stated that this vehicle was not likely part of an earlier recall in 2013 for shattering panoramic sunroofs. For the extent of damage done, there is no possible way I couldn't have heard a rock of that size hit my vehicle directly on my sunroof strong enough to smash through the layers of my sunroof and pop the frame out of place. Luckily, this didn't result in a collision, but this recall needs a second look at expansion- what happened is unacceptable. The dealership is in process of replacing the sunroof but I'm concerned the underlying problem is being missed.

- Mercedes, TX, USA

Oct 292013

While driving on the 528 heading to work, there was an impressive explosion sound followed by glass shards and pulverized glass from the sunroof being propelled into the car forcefully. I was driving at approx 70mph, and the sunroof was closed. All other windows were closed as well. There were no other vehicles in front of me. The sunroof imploded into the car, covering me and the interior of the vehicle with glass. Thankfully, I was wearing sunglasses which kept the glass out of my eyes. As I was very near my job when it happened, I continued to drive at a much, much slower speed to my job. When I arrived, I found glass inside my clothing and was removing glass from my hair all day. I called a dealer and took the car in immediately, missing the first part of my shift at work. I was told they had never heard of this happening, but it would be covered under the warranty. A new sunroof was installed. Today, 11/14/13, while driving, I now notice a "crackling" sound from the roof while driving. I am afraid the implosion is going to happen again! I have called the dealer and am waiting to hear what they advise. Is terrible to own a car and be afraid to drive it!!

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Aug 202013

Veloster 4-cyl

I own a 2013 Hyundai Veloster that I purchased in May. While driving over the tappan zee bridge, this morning, my sunroof spontaneously exploded without warning. I was in shock, covered in glass and unable to pull over until I reached the toll plaza, the there is no stopping on the bridge. I called my dealer and they advised me that it was a "known issue" but that my car had not been recalled and they were not sure why. The tow-service that is used for the thruway authority could not take me to my dealer and only to the nearest one, which is white plains Hyundai. They also advised me that it is a "known issue" and has to do with the glass. Again, they confirmed that my VIN was excluded from the recall. It is (obviously) covered under warranty. However, I am now terrified of my sunroof as no one can tell me that the issue is resolved and assure me that it won't happen again. I've only owned the car for 3 months! at the dealer's suggestion, I called Hyundai customer service for answers and received very little information. I have photos available and am happy to do an interview.

- Lake Hiawatha, NJ, USA

Dec 042012

Veloster 4-cyl

My 2013 Hyundai Veloster's sunroof exploded violently, while parked under the carport. It caused damaged to the interior and to the surrounding vehicles. According to reviews this issue is under investigation for the 2012 models, yet mine is a 2013. Obviously, the problem has been corrected. I will not feel safe driving my car once the manufacture/dealership fix it. And sadly, I've only had it for a month.

- Pharr, TX, USA