2013 Hyundai Veloster engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Dec 092013

When I wash my car I like to wipe down the engine and the inner part of the front hood. About a week ago I went to wash my car open the hood only to discover a white substance (almost like white battery corrosion) running all down my fire wall cover. I made an appointment with the service department told them not to do anything to the car until they can explain to me how it happen and how are they going to fix it. About 20 minutes later the service manager calls me over and explains to me that the white substance on my firewall was when the detail people from where I purchase my car left it there. I explain to him that would be impossible since I always look at my hood and this was the first time I saw it. The service manager then turns to the two decals on the top of the hood and stated they may be water seeking in but because he did not find the firewall wet he just wiped off the white substance and told me there is nothing he can do it's just the designee of the decals. I'm not even sure it is the two decals; but one thing for sure something is allowing water to seek into my firewall and Hyundai is not taking care of their customers NHTSA please help.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA