3.8

2013 Hyundai Veloster fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster:

2013 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Jul 032016

Veloster

Car traveling at 25 mph in straight line on city street, loud bang and shower of sparks under car. Loss of power but car still running. Pulled to side of road and saw smoke coming out of hood. Opened hood and engine compartment engulfed in flames, closed hood and got away from car. Within 40 seconds engine compartment and cabin totally engulfed in flames, car was a complete loss. 61,000 miles.

- Massillon, OH, USA

Mar 302015

Veloster 4-cyl

I have a 2013 vitamin C Veloster and I recently looked under my license plate in the rear and noticed a big hole in my bumper from melting, it seems to keep getting worse since last week when I noticed it. I took it into the dealership yesterday and showed the service guys and at that point my bumper and plate mount had fused together from the heat. I fear the bumper starting on fire right next to the gas tank. They took 3.5 hours to look at it and figure out what was going on. They claimed that they have never heard of or seen this issue and when they finished, wouldn't tell me any info. They gave me no paperwork, they just told me "take the car, we had to order a lot of parts and it will be a while before we get them in; we will call you when the parts come in and they closed the shop.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

May 232013

Veloster

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Veloster. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, fuel fumes filled the cabin of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 12,000.

- Grand Junction , CO, USA