8.3

2016 Hyundai Veloster engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Veloster:

2016 Hyundai Veloster Owner Comments

Sep 022016

Veloster

Car sometimes accelerates by itself even when off the gas and on the brakes. Lunges in stop and go traffic. Passing gear sometimes revs up to 6500rpm's but stays in the current speed. Sometimes car stays at a certain RPM even if not on the gas and wont slow down. Bad lag and terrible dead spots in acceleration. I feel like transmission is not communicating well with control module and gas pedal position sensor is way off the mark. Car has put me in life threatening situations but Hyundai service says they cant reproduce the problem but only drove it 7 miles. I bought car brand new and just turned 5800 miles but has been back for this problem 4 times now.

- Utica, OH, USA

Aug 312016

Veloster

Accelerating by itself, lunging in stop/go traffic.motor revs into passing gear all the way to 6500 RPM.but stays in the current speed, and sometimes will hold at certain RPM even if not on gas, very laggy in rev I feel I'm driving older car with messed up transmission

- Nashville, TN, USA