CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Veracruz has a minor trend of complaints where the valve cover leaks oil onto the alternator, causing alternator failure. The problem starts with the battery warning light & typically all the other warning lights coming on in quick succession. Luckily, that problem was covered in a 2014 recall.

Overall, It's a solid reliable vehicle with no major problems reported.

2008 Hyundai Veracruz wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Veracruz:

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Mar 012014

Veracruz

2008 Veracruz that feels like my brake pedal is grinding and pulsating at speeds less than 20 mph. The brakes grind randomly and kick back towards my foot, and I have to re-brake. It only happens after the car is initially turned off and the first one or two breaks. Then, behaves normally. It will happen several days in a row, several times in a day and/or then could go weeks or months with it not occurring. We did new rear breaks. The dealer said the rotors and pads are find and told me it could be from water or something getting in there randomly (ie. Pollen). I tend to completely disagree as something simple like water would not make this significant of grinding/pulsating so continuously but yet randomly. This becomes very scary continuing to happen because I am wondering if something is about to snap and the breaks will not work or what is happening. I have reviewed several other people with similar complaints online with the Veracruz.

- Huntersville, NC, USA