2011 Hyundai Veracruz brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Veracruz:

2011 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Dec 172011

Veracruz 6-cyl

I pulled into a gas station at a low speed; there were four pumps in line. At the first one a car was being fueled so I waned to move to the second pump. When I started to brake the car kept moving forward then I was practically standing on the brake but the car kept moving causing me to hit the stationary car. According to the police report her damage was minor; mine was moderate. The officer stated in the report I was inattentive regardless of me telling him twice about the braking and/or acceleration problem. Hyundai sent an "independent" tech after the car was repaired and they said it was not their problem. I requested that company inspection from the first day of the accident; I was informed it would take 4 to 6 weeks. This is a safety issue; my foot was firmly on the brake that morning. Worried driver.............

- Point Pleasant, NJ, USA