2011 Hyundai Veracruz drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Veracruz:

2011 Hyundai Veracruz Owner Comments

Nov 192015

Veracruz

My vehicle was parked on the hill of our driveway with the emergency brake on as usual. The gear shift clearly came out of park and into reverse due to a malfunction based on the following events: While getting out of my vehicle like usual to get my kids out and in the house, my truck rolled back while I had my four year old in my hand and my two year old still in his car seat. I was 26 weeks pregnant, and my son and I both got hurt in the process. My husband is a mechanic and he thinks that the shift lever mesh should be able to withstand sticky substances from beverages due to its close proximity to the vehicle cup holder. ┐this is a design flaw due to the fact that the shifter mesh which is designed to protect the operation of the shift lever from obstruction became bunched up and impeded the operation of the shift lever. When the shift lever mesh became sticky and began to bunch up and stick to itself causing the shift lever to not fully engage into the intended gear. Therefore if the shift lever was not fully engaged the transmission was not fully engaged in gear thus creating a safety hazard of potential rollback┐ james whitt, 2015. The vehicle already had issues with the shift lever assembly not fully engaging thus preventing me from fully putting the truck in park so that I can turn the ignition switch off completely. This issue was experienced numerous times by myself, my husband, my mother, my brother, the tow truck driver, and the Hyundai service man. This accident could have caused us our lives. I am telling the god honest truth and I hope that we will be granted justice in this matter. Thanks.

- Raeford, NC, USA

Aug 152013

Veracruz 6-cyl

This report is being filed out of my concern for the transmission's integrity and performance; a problem that doesn't seem to exist to dealership maintenance personnel. While most transmission complaints are no doubt speed related, this problem occurs when the car is slowing or downshifting. It consistently "clunks" as the car readies for stop. My concern is that the clunk will manifest itself at highway speeds and fail entirely. And that is a serious safety issue for me and my family.

- Eustis, FL, USA