2.2

2005 Hyundai XG350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai XG350:

2005 Hyundai XG350 Owner Comments

Sep 082016

XG350

The contact owns a 2005 Hyundai XG350. While driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle pulled to the right and it was difficult to keep the wheels straight. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the cradle that supported the engine was rusted and rotted out. The technician also stated that the air conditioning draining pipe drained into the cradle, causing the cradle to rust. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 86,317.

- Woodridge, IL, USA

Jun 032014

XG350 6-cyl

I was braking my car at the end of my work's driveway which enters into a "T" intersection. Upon reaching a slow speed of 5 mph the car surged into the traffic which was traveling from my left and right. Braking fully had no effect on the surge and thankfully I was not hit by any left or right traveling vehicles and I just missed a vehicle crossing in front of me by an inch as it passed. Still braking fully, my car crossed the entire road and jumped a curb, slightly hit a rising grassy hill and finally came to rest fully on the hill only after I punched the shift into neutral. I should have been killed and I could have seriously hurt the individual crossing in front of me. This has been the fourth incident of this nature. The first three involved soft taps to the rear bumper of cars stopped in front of me while I was breaking and the engine was surging. So very unsafe!! I checked on carcomplaints.com and saw 30 plus complaints of the same nature. I was told the older cars had a engine idler control to keep the engine from stalling after breaking from higher RPM's to near 0 RPM's. is this now controlled with an electronic module? I think this problem should cause a recall for this problem. I don't want to drive this vehicle anymore. Every time I brake I don't know if I am going to injure someone!!

- Broad Brook, CT, USA