2005 Hyundai XG350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai XG350:

2005 Hyundai XG350 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jul 262008

XG350 6-cyl

Air bag light keeps coming on. First time was 7/26/08. Hyundai service tech's notes on the invoice indicate the side air bag and wiring harness was faulty. This work was covered under warranty. Light came on again maybe 6 months later, but went off a few days later. The light came on again 3/31/10. Hyundai tech notes indicate the wire to SRS connection was repaired. Work was covered under warranty. The next time was late Nov 2011. I took car to my local auto care for annual inspection. The car failed because the air bag light was on. According to the tech diagnosis, "drivers side air bag high resistance. Rr electrical connector and apply stabilant - 22A to connector for terminal adhesion. If code returns in future, vehicle will need entire air bag harness." Light came on again sometime in late 2012. I took it to my local auto care for annual inspection in Dec. 2012. It failed because of the air bag light. In January 2013, I took the car to a different Hyundai service dept. For "2nd opinion". their diagnosis: "drivers seatback occupancy sensor shorted/part only comes w/seat, est. To replace drivers seatback-$1,749." I took the car back to my original Hyundai svc dept with this information and they did another fix so I could pass inspection. The light came on again in September 2013, they determined the seat back was needed and it would cost $ 2,100. I got the repair done on 2/14/14 for $2,161.56. The light came back on again 2 weeks ago. I have an appointment with the Hyundai svc dept on 4/22/14. I contacted Hyundai motors customer service to find out if they would refund the money I paid, clearly there's a defect which should have been discovered and repaired the very first time I took my car in about this issue. I was told only if there is a recall or rebate. I' M not the only person with this problem so I believe a recall should be ordered.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Jul 212009

XG350 6-cyl

When the power seat was moved, it disengaged the air bag system and the light on the dashboard came on alerting me that the air bag system was disengaged.. thus, if I had an accident during this period, the air bags would not have engaged. I subsequently took my car to the dealership for a warranty repair. They reengaged the system and sent me on my way. Again on 11/4/09 I had to have another warranty repair and again on 1/4/10 and 2/23/11. Each time I took the car to the dealership for repair and asked if it could be permanently fixed. Each time they said they had to remove the seats and reconnect the wires for the system to reengage. Each one was covered by the warranty. However on 8/23/12 they said it wasn't under warranty anymore and they would charge me to fix it. They were too expensive and I took it elsewhere to get it fixed. This occurred again on 1/30/13 and I had to pay to get it fixed. I have had to permanently keep the front seats in the same position since then so I wouldn't disengage the system. Each time I go for routine maintenance I have a sheet of paper on the steering wheel indicating not to move the seats for fear of disengagement. I don't understand why the manufacturer can't permanently fix this issue at their cost. This seems to be a safety issue to me. Thank you.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Mar 252009

XG350

The air bag light is always on. From what I was told by a mechanic this is a defect from Hyundai as the wiring is faulty. This may affect the air bag from properly working if there is a accident. Hyundai is aware of this problem as there are so many complaints and yet they do nothing to fix it. So the light on the dashboard stays on that says airbag. Not very comforting from a safety standpoint.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Sep 032007

XG350

Air bag indicator light on dashboard remains illuminated due to manufacturer defect of harness being too short to accommodate movement in driver and passenger seat. I have taken my vehicle in to repair shops and they have verified this defect. They quoted me over $700 to fix this issue. They said the entire module has to be replaced since the harness is not longer available. This is a major complaint for this model vehicle, but Hyundai is not addressing this defect. It is poor customer service!

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 202005

XG350 6-cyl

The "air bag" dash icon light stays on all the time. Hyundai has "fixed" it once by re-inserting connectors under the driver's seat. The "fix" lasted a couple of days. The vehicle now has 61,000 miles on-still under the 10K mile warranty, and the light stays on still. Hyundai keeps saying that it will cost over $500 just to diagnose. Hyundai has no solution for this issue, the internet searches will show that. This SRS light problem is endemic with all Hyundai in the early to mid 2000's. an internet search will show hundreds of SRS "light-on" issues with these Hyundai. There is no question that all these model's SRS systems are problematic at best and a total failure at worst. All people driving these model Hyundai are absolutely at risk. A recall is positively required. Like I said, just do a search on Hyundai SRS/air bag/airbag light and you can see the magnitude of the issue. I can't believe that I am the first to complain about this issue, so what is happening!? in no search is there a solution: Check connectors under the seat, jiggle this or that, but no solution that works and no recognition from Hyundai of the problem....and this is a life threatening issue not just an inconvenience. These models need to be recalled and at the very least Hyundai has to come up with a real solution.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Feb 102006

XG350 6-cyl

Air bag lamp is on...wire under passengers seat this has happen multiple times.

- Hobe Sound, FL, USA

Jun 022006

XG350 6-cyl

2005 Hyundai XG350. Consumer writes in regards to continuing vehicle air bag light malfunction after repairs. The consumer stated four months after she purchased the vehicle, the air bag light illuminated. She took the vehicle to the dealer on June 2, 2006, in which they promptly made the necessary repairs. However, the air bag light illuminated again, seven months later. She returned to the dealer on January 19, 2007 and the repairs made. The consumer returned to the dealer six more times, for the air bag light problem. Several components were replaced. The last repair shop, suspected the air bag module was bad.

- Syracuse, IN, USA

Dec 072012

XG350 6-cyl

2005 Hyundai xg350L. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle sudden acceleration accident. The consumer stated as she was preparing to park in an angle parking space along the West side, ground level, of the parking garage, she pressed the brake pedal to slow the vehicle to make a right turn into the parking space, it suddenly accelerated resulting in a severe collision with the concrete wall. As the vehicle accelerate forward, the consumer depressed the brake pedal as hard as she could. Also, the air bag did not deploy in the accident. The vehicle was declared totaled.

- Muncie, IN, USA

May 042010

XG350 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Hyundai XG350. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the connection under the seat was defective the air bag connector would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 88,000 and the current mileage was 134,000. Updated 4/1/13

- Rocky Hill , CT, USA

Feb 082013

XG350

Air bag warning light on dash was on, and dealer said there was a problem with the connector on the front passenger seat. Was quoted approximately $400 to repair the problem and was told safety items were not covered after the vehicle 100,000 mile warranty had expired. It seems the amount to cover a simple connector problem is excessive, especially since it is directly safety related to passengers of the vehicle. The dealer could not explain if the SRS system would work or not with the warning light on. How can they determine where the problem is if they don't even know what the results of the problem will be? now I don't know if any of the SRS system air bags will deploy in an accident.

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Jun 132012

XG350

The contact owns a 2005 Hyundai XG350. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated while driving 30 mph. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for a diagnostic test, which determined that the air bag sensor for the driver's seat was defective. The dealer advised that the entire driver's seat assembly needed to be replaced. Neither the driver's seat nor the sensor was replaced. The failure mileage was 88,000. The VIN was not available.

- Woodbridge , VA, USA

Oct 312012

XG350 6-cyl

I purchased a 2005 Hyundai XG350 L October 23,2012. One week later the air bag light appeared on the dash. A mechanic told me that it is caused by the airbag connector under the seat, the yellow connector. If it is disconnected and reconnected the warning light would go off. I looked for it and found it. I was not able to reach far enough to disconnect it, but I was able to wiggle the connector and the airbag warning light went off. It appeared that someone had been under the drivers seat before to adjust that connector as it was hanging and did not look to be properly placed. The next day the air bag warning light came on again. I have not been able to get the light to go off again and it remains on. A Hyundai service adviser told me that it is a common issue. I researched it online to find out that when that light is on, the airbag will not work. I also discovered that people have paid to have this issue repaired more than once and have spent a lot of money to have this fixed and it just continues. This is a defect and Hyundai has received many complaints yet they have not issued a recall. Instead they continue to take money from people to repair a part that can not be repaired as it is defective. I got a price quote to replace the connector. The part alone is over $130. The labor more than triples the cost. Owners of this vehicle have been experiencing this problem as early as the 1st year of ownership in 2005. It is now almost 2013 and Hyundai still has not issued a recall for the problem.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Nov 012010

XG350

The contact owns a 2005 Hyundai xg-350L. The contact stated that when driving at various speeds the air bag warning light illuminated and would stay on consistently. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer and they advised him that the air bag connectors to the wiring harness failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle has been repaired for the back of the front seats and the wiring harness. The remedy failed to repair the problem. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer approximately 10 to 15 times. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 30,000. The failure mileage was approximately 91,000.

- Redmon, OR, USA

Aug 282012

XG350 6-cyl

Air bag light will come on for no apparent reason which has happened twice now, 01/15/2008 29,000miles & 08/28/2012 77,490. Apparently when air bag light comes on, the air bag will not deploy in a crash! I researched this problem on google and there are many complaints with regards to Hyundai XG350 air bag problem which is a major concern for safety. For example despite many people spending lots of money to try to fix the problem, it seems to return again and again! Hyundai needs to do a recall and replace the airbag faulty module which costs the consumer $700. My local Hyundai service center is aware of the airbag problem and all XG350 owners have made a complaint about the airbag light! they in turn refer owners' complaints to Hyundai and everyone has been waiting for an answer!!!

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Oct 012009

XG350

The airbag warning light went on indicating that the airbags were not functioning. The problem was corrected however it continues to reoccur and has occured 8 times over the last two years. Hyundai has "fixed" the problem by adjusting a connector under the seat however the porblem continues to reoccur. It has now happened 8 times and after the last "repair" 3 weeks ago the warning light is back on. When the light is on we have no airbag protection. Checking the internet I found that this is a common problem for which Hyundai has no real fix. Hyundai is now charging us to "fix" the problem but the fix only last 2-4 weeks and the warning light goes back on. This is a serious safety hazard and apparently occurs frequently with the XG350. The car needs to be recalled and a permanent fix made before someone is killed when the airbags do not activate in an accident.

- Loudon, TN, USA

Apr 212012

XG350 6-cyl

Multiple times the air bag light remains lit and the dealer has been unsuccessful in fixing. 12/30/08 miles 28,531 miles. 12/26/09 39, 372 miles. First time dealer found pass side airbag light defect seatback code B1382. Second time dealer reset. In 2010 returned to deal and dealer replaced airbag harness. Light returned in 2011 and 2012 and I had it reset.

- Fort Belvoir, VA, USA

Mar 152012

XG350 6-cyl

Air bag light has repeatedly come on. Each time it comes on, I take it to the dealer. They claim to fix it and the light goes off. Without fail it comes back on within a short period of time. I am concerned for my safety and the safety of my passengers.. forbid we are in an accident.

- Union, SC, USA

Jun 012011

XG350 6-cyl

2005 Hyundai xg350L. Air bag light remains illuminated. While under warranty I took it to dealer who rest the light and said it was a lose connection and not to put anything under the seat or move the seat. I followed the instructions. Within weeks the light always came back. After the warranty expired the dealer refused to repair the problem. After much research I found that it is a common problem in Hyundai vehicles to have faulty airbags/lights to which there has never been a recall. The dealer did indicate that under these conditions the air bag was disabled and in an unsafe condition.

- Valencia, PA, USA

Mar 072011

XG350 6-cyl

I have an 2005 Hyundai XG350. I took my car to be inspected and I failed because the airbag light is on. The inspector said it is in the book that it has to fail with this light on. The light was always on. From the time I purchased the car in pa. In 2008. I was told the light was nothing and it would go out. I got my car inspected last year and it was on then. I now have to pay a $89 diagnostic fee for a defective vehicle. It was sold to me this way and now I have to pay $89. I make my $300 payments I should not have to pay for their defective goods, that should have had a recall by now.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jul 032006

XG350

Air bag light will not go off shortly after purchasing the vehicle I have returned it three (3) times to have the air bag light staying on corrected. To date the problem has not been corrected.

- Jamaica, NY, USA