NHTSA — Other Problems

1998 Isuzu Amigo miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Isuzu Amigo:

1998 Isuzu Amigo Owner Comments

Dec 112000

I own a 1998 Isuzu Amigo. I had an accident in Dec. 2000 requiring my paint to be replaced on the right side of my car. When they matched the paint to the color by Isuzu it was wrong. All the inside doors are red but the paint on the outside is purple. I tried many times to get Isuzu to take responsibility for this faded paint but they would not return my calls. Or letters. I am now approaching the five year mark. My point is Feb.29,2000 there was a problem with the paint mechanically then there would be a problem with the body paint also. Who can I contact to help with this problem? teri jeffries.

- Osage, IA, USA

Jan 102002

Amigo 4WD

Engine check light illuminated; mechanic determined a leak in the right side (passenger side) intake manifold (fitting) causing vehicle to stall out whenever slowing down or while idling; also presented dangerous condition when vehicle stalled at approx. 40 mph exiting on a exit ramp to enter the long island expressway!; I can hear a hissing noise from the engine.

- Upton, NY, USA