NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2006 Isuzu Ascender miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Isuzu Ascender:

2006 Isuzu Ascender Owner Comments

May 152015

The driver's door does not open and it does not lock or unlock. The driver's and passengers windows get stuck. There is ongoing electrical problems in my vehicle and it concerns me for the safety of my children.

- El Paso , TX, USA

Jul 012011

I came outside at 11:30am and tried to open the rear lift glass and discovered that one the metal hinges/braces on the top of the glass had separated. It appears to me that the adhesive that bonded the metal to the glass has failed. I was a little stunned after I thought about what could have happened if I was traveling with a load pressed against this glass. I took the vehicle to a local GM dealership and I was told the entire glass would have to be replace at a cost of approximately $1700; about $1200 of that price is for the glass itself. They also told me that even though there's nothing else wrong with this glass, there was no way to simply reattach the metal to the glass with some type of adhesive. It's a huge hardship to have to pay such a large amount of money to repair something I think is clearly a design flaw; especially when I'm still making monthly payments on this vehicle. The price of the glass alone is at least 4 times more than it cast to replace the windshield on this vehicle. I think there should be a much more cost effective solution where the metal hinges and pieces can be reattached to the glass. If there is, please share the info.

- Lilburn, GA, USA