NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner Problems

2002 Isuzu Axiom AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Isuzu Axiom:

2002 Isuzu Axiom Owner Comments

Nov 212006

2002 Isuzu Axiom replaced transmission and electrical system after mechanic stated everything was running fine. ***** the consumer has also had problems with the vehicle's air conditioner and the oxygen sensor.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

May 062005

Axiom 6-cyl

Air conditioning - at approx. 31,000 miles on my Isuzu Axiom the air conditioner began making a loud noise and would not cool at idle. I took the vehicle into the dealership and they stated that the air compressor had gone out and needed replacement. They were happy to replace the air compressor and other components they claimed needed to be replaced due to the air compressor being replaced (I.e. dryer, etc.) for a mere $1,600. I was not happy since the vehicle had low mileage and I have never had a vehicle that had the A/C fail at such a low mileage. The dealership contacted the local Isuzu rep and they refused to replace the compressor at no cost. I felt that since the car was so new and had such low mileage that they would stand behind their product. Not!!! the local Isuzu rep even wanted me to provide service records (oil changes, etc.) on the vehicle so they could be sure I was maintaining the vehicle as I should. I asked what that has to do with the air conditioner. They really had no response. I went to the dealer to pick up my car to take to another repair shop for another opinion and as I was picking up the car I wrote on the windows with shoe polish right in front of the service bay. I wrote "Isuzu do not buy one!" the service manager of the dealership was standing out there and saw me. I again expressed how mad I was with Isuzu's sorry product and the service manager asked me to come into his office. He called the local Isuzu rep and spoke with him briefly and then Isuzu decided they would only charge me $635 for the A/C work. I was still not happy but had the work done anyway. Isuzu does not stand behind their products and the warranty is a joke! I feel that Isuzu should refund me what I paid for the A/C work since it was obviously a defective part in my vehicle.

- Friendswood, TX, USA

May 292004

While driving to work I noticed that my gas needle was low which I deemed funny because I had just fulled the SUV the morning before, I then when to the station to get gas just to check and I only got $6 dollars in the tank and also the computer said that I was 56 miles from empty. The front end shakes at highway speeds, the air conditioner stopped working, sparks come from it when you turn it on, the blower fan just stopped working, the brakes make a loud sound upon being applied, the outside temperture indicator does not work anymore.

- Tallulah, LA, USA