NHTSA — Structure: Frame And Members Problems

1.2

2003 Isuzu Axiom body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Isuzu Axiom:

2003 Isuzu Axiom Owner Comments

May 142012

Axiom

I brought my car to two different mechanics in my area and both told me the frame has severe corrosion and is might be unsafe to drive on. They showed me multiple holes in the frame on the back passenger corner of the vehicle. It looks so bad that I could just break the frame with a hammer. The vehicle passed inspection, but they told me I should take it to a welder to get it repaired. Is this something I can drive on" am I risking my life" it appears that the frame was recalled on the 2002 models, but not the 2003 and 2004 models which use the same exact frame! I have no idea why. Sounds pretty stupid and might risk someone's life.

- Albany, NY, USA