NHTSA — Steering: Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion) Problems

1998 Isuzu Hombre steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Isuzu Hombre:

1998 Isuzu Hombre Owner Comments

Apr 202000

Hombre

The driver side seat will not anchor properly. When you accelerate, the seat slides backwards. Also, when sitting still, if I extend my legs, the seat slides backwards. I notified the dealer and he said several similar problems had been reported. No recall has been issued. This problem could cause the standard transmission vehicle to lurch forward and crash into another vehicle. I think this is a serious flaw in manufacturing and needs to be looked at. Several times I have accelerated from a stopped position and the seat has moved all the way back to the rear of the car. I have not had an accident, but have temporarily lost total controll of the vehicle. I will bring the vehicle into the shop on 5/7/00 to correct this problem. You may want to look into this report for future recall consideration. Sincerely w. bruce mcdonald &aj

- Lafayette, LA, USA