NHTSA — Other Problems

1998 Isuzu Rodeo miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Isuzu Rodeo:

1998 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

Dec 142000

Rodeo 4WD

Rough idle & check engine light, stalling. Large crack dealer says sees many of these.

- Coon Rapids, MN, USA

Oct 012000

Rodeo

When consumer was driving vehicle shook and rattled also, engine light came on and off. Temperature gauge would register hot, and cold back in forth. Dealership stated that warranty ran out, and dealership had acknowledgement of problem with recall. The head gasket and timing chain failed. The consumer had asked the manufacturer to do the repair on warranty.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Aug 042000

Rodeo 4WD

Do not buy one! have had the vehicle 2 years and has been in shop 10 times for various reasons: Electrical, strange noises from everywhere, check engine check light for no reason, valve noise(s) at 15K miles, recalls, etc.

- Fisherville, KY, USA

Jan 012000

Rodeo 4WD

When stopped at a light or stop sign truck idled and it felt like it would die. Check engine light came on. Took to dealer first time they could not duplicate problem. The next week was on tollway stop and go traffic again it felt like the truck would die and again the check engine light came on. Took to dealer again. Thet ran the car for 2 hours straight and drove car for 8 miles. Could not duplicate problem. The truck only had 10875 miles. Since that time has not happened again.when I stop the truck at lights sometimes it seems like the engine rmps go up and down and truck wants to die but the engine light has not gone on. Regarding the brakes one time when I first bought the car was driving 30 miles and hour to a stoplight. It felt like the brakes had no grip immediately. Took foot of brake and reapplyed and the truck stopped. Has not happened again. At the time I thought maybe this truck has a different feel than a car would have. This is my first SUV. I have recently heard on the news about brake problems on this particular model. I drive children around in this car and have become very cautious at intersections. I feel there is a problem with this truck that can cause serious injury. I'm very concerned about my family's safety and about the people I could potentially hit if the brakes went out. I called the dealer to ask about information regarding this problem and was rudely told they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Any information about either of these problems would be greatly appreciated. Also I read there was a recall involving paint on the bumper being a problem. Have heard nothing from the dealer regarding this. I am very dissapointed with this vechicle. I am 42 years of age and have never had a vechicle I was afraid to drive.

- Morton Grove, IL, USA

Rodeo

No summary listed for abov evehicle.

- Butler, PA, USA

Jan 032000

Rodeo

If the sun is out instrument panel is unable to be seen. Dashboard is completely blocked to driver's vision. Dealer can't do anything.

- Cleveland, GA, USA

ABS light on dash.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Feb 011999

Rodeo

Gas gauge internally adjusted.

- La Verne, CA, USA

Aug 281998

Rodeo

Vehicle makes unusual sound.

- San Antoni, TX, USA