NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner Problems

2001 Isuzu Rodeo AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Isuzu Rodeo:

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

May 102004

Rodeo 6-cyl

I took my 2001 Rodeo in for the 75,000 miles service today. The air conditioner (A/C) was blowing hot air. I figured it needed freon. I was informed by the seervice advisor that my vehicle needed an air conditioner compressor and gave me the charges. The warranty was good for powertrain. I am highly upset that the A/C compressor has gone out in less than three years. This should be a manufacturing malfunction at this early stage. I also was told I had to pay for the repair of my moon roof. It was either off track and something-nothing definitive. I had taken this vehicle back when I first purchased for a similar malfunction and this same problem had to be corrected. Now that the warranty has expired, it has occurred again.

- North Augusta, SC, USA