NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2004 Isuzu Rodeo brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Isuzu Rodeo:

2004 Isuzu Rodeo Owner Comments

Feb 082013

Rodeo 6-cyl

On approximately 2/8/13 I was on my way to work when the engine light came on, when I went to pull off the highway and onto an exit ( to get off of the highway.) I pressed the brakes, and the brakes and steering locked up, I had no control of my SUV as it hit the jersey barrier. The right front headlight and fender hit 1st then the right rear side and back fender scraped against the barrier. I was seat belted although still received injuries of my left ankle, knee, neck and back. The body shop insurance adjuster said it was a total loss. Since 2006 my engine light has been coming on and when taking to repair shops they said there was nothing wrong with my SUV and made the engine light somehow go off. I have written to the american Isuzu co over the past 6 or 7 yrs although have never heard back from them in regards to the engine light coming on from 2006 until 2/8/13.

- Lincoln, RI, USA