NHTSA — Structure: Frame And Members: Underbody Shields Problems

3.1

2002 Isuzu Trooper body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Isuzu Trooper:

2002 Isuzu Trooper Owner Comments

Mar 062005

Trooper 4WD

I took my 2002 Isuzu Trooper ltd. To the dealer (fitzgerald Dodge Isuzu, rockville, Maryland, complaining of a growling noise. While it was mis-diagnosed, the dealer indicated that the underplating on the car was suffering from faulty welds, and that if I didn't have it removed it would fall off while I was driving. I had to pay several hundred dollars for this to be performed. I now have no underplating to protect the car. It seems to me this is a manufacturers defect, and the owner should not be obligated to remove portions of her automobile to correct faulty manufacture, and be subjected to risk of potential death or injury to herself or others on the road. The Trooper only has 45,000 miles on it and is just over 3 years old.

- Damascus, MD, USA