NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Floor Shift Problems

2.1

2001 Jaguar S-Type transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jaguar S-Type:

2001 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

Aug 032006

S-Type 6-cyl

My driveway has a very slight incline. When parked on the incline I was unable to get my car out of park unless I used force. In 2004 the gear started sticking. The dealer replaced the cable gear assembly. In July 2006 I had the car in drive but it started rolling backwards. I had to hold the gear in drive in order to drive the car. I drove it directly to the dealer where I had the gear assembly replaced again! it wasn't until the second gear assembly replacement that Jaguar informed me that my car came with special instructions...if parked on an incline (slight or otherwise) I needed to engage the hand brake first before placing the car in park. On August 3, 2006 the lever gear shift went out and was replaced. So far, I've spent approximately $900 on issues related to the gear assembly. This is obviously a defect. At what point will Jaguar take responsibility for this problem? when the car rolls back on a pedestrian!

- Atlanta, GA, USA