NHTSA — Power Train: Manual Transmission Problems

2002 Jaguar S-Type transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jaguar S-Type:

2002 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

Jul 142010

On July 14, 2010, my car starting driving sluggish, as if pulling heavy weight. The gear box fault light turned on. On 7-16-2010, I took my vehicle to the dealer and was told it would cost me $2,800 plus tax to change the gear box with a one year guarantee. My second option was to install a new transmission at a cost of over $5,000. Two months ago I spent $5,000 on a new electrical system and fuel injection. I don't know what to do since I am struggling as many financially. The dealer said there have not been any transmission problems with this model. Told him I doubted that, hence, my complaint.

- Sylmar, CA, USA