NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2003 Jaguar S-Type brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jaguar S-Type:

2003 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

May 242013

S-Type

While approaching a stop sign and applying my brakes the car involuntarily accelerated on to incoming traffic. The car was revving at high speed and could not be stopped. I had both feet on the brakes but car was not responding. I headed toward high curb avoiding cars and pedestrians in hopes of slowing car before I was to hit dipsey dumpster, on the side of the road (I had chosen to hit them in order to avoid involving other cars and pedestrians) when I hit the curb at high rpms, the impact damaged the right front wheel and under carriage of automobile. The acceleration stopped. It was a terrifying experience. This malfunction has been registered by other drivers. Of Jaguar. It is a safety issue that Jaguar needs to address. I am lucky that I did not kill anyone or had serious injuries to my passenger and myself.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA