NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2004 Jaguar S-Type lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jaguar S-Type:

2004 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

Jun 012012

S-Type 8-cyl

The head lights on the car point down to the ground. At night with my head lights on they shine on about 7 feet in front of the car. I was told a plastic screw breaks off and the lights will droop and shine on the ground. To repair you have to replace head lights at a price of $1,800 per light, $3,600,00 for the two front headlights I need both lights. I was told during driving going over bumps in the road it will jar the plastic screw and eventually break. I stuff paper in lights to prop up and try to keep in place. Sometime while driving at night I hit a bump in the road and my head lights just drop and I have to pull over to stuff more paper in there to prop up my lights. If driving down a dark road or on the freeway and this happens it is really bad. I dealt with this the best way I could for all these years and I just recently found out I was not the only one with this problem. Jaguar said they use to sell a kit for this problem but not anymore. I do hope you find many more people with this problem and help us all. Thank you so much in advance.

- Union City, CA, USA