NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

1.5

2005 Jaguar S-Type brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jaguar S-Type:

2005 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

Dec 302014

S-Type

Initially while being parked in Dec. 2014, I started the car but could not release the electronic park brake. I had to drive it to a mechanic 3 miles away with the brakes smoking. They saw a procedure for resetting the park brake and gave me a copy. All was well for 2 mos. But driving along about 30mph they suddenly locked. I was able to pull over and fortunately had been carrying tools for this and performed the procedure. It happened two more times in 2015 after I was stopped with engine off. I called Jaguar and they said there is no recall, but I have been afraid to drive it long distances and do not want to sell it as it is a serious safety concern. Jaguar offered to look at it but I know all about that and what it could cost, especially when it does not always happen. Note: See enclosed documents for 2004, but I have supposedly a 2005 with this issue.

- Warrington, PA, USA