NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems

2005 Jaguar S-Type engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jaguar S-Type:

2005 Jaguar S-Type Owner Comments

Jun 252010

I was driving on an internal road ~45mph, not accelerating, just maintaining speed. The engine basically shut down, and I had to pull onto the shoulder. The car was barely moving even though the accelerator was depressed to the floor, engine light on, as well as "engine systems fault, parkbrake fault, dsc not available" message showing up on the dash. I restarted the car but now the battery light came on in addition to the other issues mentioned before and the car battery drained out completely and went limp. I got the car jump started and even then it showed a "ABS fault". I waited for 30 mins with the engine running and then finally drove it back to my house. This has happened to me atleast 5 times in the last 1 month. Online forums says that this is a throttle sensor issue and its a common enough problem that Jaguar needs to recall and fix these cars. I am very perplexed that a car would just shut down on the road, put itself into "limp mode" and be absolutely fine an hour later.

- Fremont, CA, USA